quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2010

2 minutes

My favorite 2 minutes of the day... When no matter how much noise there is arround, I can only hear the silence.
The world beggins to slow down and people disappear... While the birds are flying, I can hear them whispering their laments to Nature and then... it's gone.
I can hear nothing but pure, dead silence. I sense the wind blowing on my face and I try to reach it in vain. Time flees through my fingers...
1 minute to the end. I can almost feel the molecules that compose my body move with the expectation of the imminent moment. My body trembles, my hands play a melody in the air and I feel pain. The familar pain I know so well, the pain of acknowledging that the end is near.
20 seconds... I can barely keep standing. I want to scream. 15 seconds... My skin is burning in despair.
10 seconds... I'm surprise by tears rolling on my face. I'm falling, beeing torn apart. The beauty is almost unbearable.
5 seconds... Nearly ending... I say goodbye.

3...2...1...


And it happened. That was it. I was there at the finale. I am empty, hollow. Not a minute before it was there, I could just catch it and keep it to myself.

But now it's gone. And I... I am waiting... waiting for tomorow... waiting for my tomorow's 2 minutes of gazing at the sunset.

2 comentários:

  1. Beautiful.
    It didn't make me feel you were talking about the sunset.
    I was actually feeling the despair you mentioned. But I agree with you.
    It is a matter of despair when that beautiful sight ends up behind some mountains or the sea and you'll have to wait a long time for the next one to come and then go ... eyt again

    *

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Escrevi isto na minha primeira aula de Teoria da Tradução o semestre passado estava tão aborrecida que deu nisto... E sim apesar da minha altura favorita do dia ser a noite, a pôr-do-sol é dos momentos mais aconchegantes do dia, e que por conseguinte eu adoro também.

    ResponderExcluir